On July 21, 2023, Neutrons Canada signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Canadian Institute for Neutron Scattering (CINS). The MOU outlines several areas of cooperation between the two organizations, including, for example:
- CINS will play a formal advisory role to Neutrons Canada on its user facing programs and activities.
- The parties will establish a user advisory committee with an official role in Neutrons Canada’s governance structure.
- Neutrons Canada will regularly report to users and obtain user feedback through fora organized by CINS.
- The parties will establish regular planning processes based on formal consultative procedures that build consensus on the neutron community’s priorities.
- The parties will cooperate on organizing events for neutron users.
- The parties will cooperate communications to government and the public.