2020 Annual General Meeting
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2020
The 2020 CINS Annual General Meeting will take place online from 3:00pm-6:30pm (Eastern), 12:00pm-3:30pm (Pacific).
Registration for the Zoom meeting is open by clicking here.
We will be discussing a number of items of interest to the research community:
- The CFI-IF “Building a Future for Canadian Neutron Scattering” decision.
- News of the NFRF-Transformation “A Prototype Compact Accelerator-based Neutron Source (CANS) for Canada”
- The continuing effort toward “A National Strategy for Materials Research with Neutron Beams” ie. NeutronsCanada.
Keynote speaker: Prof. Alannah Hallas, Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at UBC, and head of the Quantum Materials Design Lab, part of the Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute.
Tentative schedule (all times eastern)
- 3:00pm-3:15pm President welcome & report
- 3:15pm-3:45pm NFRF results and future plans (Drew Marquardt)
- 3:45pm-4:15pm MNR updates (Zin Tun)
- 10 minute break
- 4:25pm-4:45pm CFI news and next-steps (Bruce Gaulin)
- 4:45pm-5:10pm “A National Strategy for Materials Research with Neutron Beams” (Anne Ballantyne, Daniel Banks)
- 5:10pm-5:30pm Business (Executive elections)
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Science keynote: Prof Alannah Hallas