The CNBC operates six beamlines on the main floor of the NRU reactor.
- C2 High Resolution Powder Diffractometer
- C5 Polarized Beam Triple-Axis Spectrometer
- D3 Reflectometer
- E3 Triple-axis Spectrometer
- L3 Stress-Scanning Diffractometer
- N5 Triple-Axis Spectrometer
Some key capabilities:
- 300 mK to 2000 °C
- 20,000 atm pressure
- ± 100 kN loads
- 8 T magnetic fields
- High electric fields
- Highly radioactive samples
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Want to do something you can’t do anywhere else?
We’re always upgrading our capabilities to do world-leading experiments.
What you need could be already available or just around the corner.