McMaster University will host the CINS Annual General Meeting on October 25-26, 2013 and its Main campus located in beautiful west Hamilton.
Registration is free. Please contact Debra Farquhar (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-525-9140 ext 24683) to confirm your attendance.
The tentative agenda is now available. The program runs from registration at 4pm on Friday until dinner on Saturday at 5:30pm.
A tour of the McMaster Nuclear Reactor has been organized for participants of the CINS AGM for Friday October 25, 2013 at 4:30pm. Tours are subject to the following conditions:
- The visitors information form must be filled out prior to and brought with you for the tour.
- Each participant must present government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, photo health card, passport, etc.) prior to embarking on the tour.
- If a participant is under the age of 18, the tour card must be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian.
- All participants must be at least 11 years old.
- All participants must wear closed-toe low-heeled shoes and long pants (no sandals, high-heeled shoes, shorts or skirts).
- Participants’ cell phones, cameras, backpacks etc. must be left in the reception office.
There is storage for personal belongings available on site.
Please contact Debra Farquhar (email@example.com or phone 905-525-9140 ext 24683) if you have questions about the tour.
Transitioning to the new Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act
A key aspect of this year’s AGM is a proposal to adopt new articles, bylaws and operating policies pursuant to the new Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act. The requirement to make changes to comply with the Act is an opportunity to revisit the structure of CINS and implement improvements discussed at the 2012 CINS AGM. In particular, those discussions considered how to position CINS as a organization able to receive and distribute grant money to support neutron scattering.
You may download the latest version of the documents in the proposal below.
These versions dated Oct 09 are the final versions for presentation at the meeting. If adopted, these articles and bylaws will replace the current constitution.
Please send questions and comments to improve the proposal in advance of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the above proposal is adopted, the following positions will need to be filled by election:
- President, elected by the individual members, who is a member of the board of directors and Chair of the Science Council.
- Student or post-doc member of the science council, elected by the individual members.
- 3 additional members of the science council, elected by the individual members.
- 3 additional members of the board of directors, elected by the appointed representatives of the institutional members.
After the AGM, the board of directors shall appoint a Secretary-Treasurer.
Planning Your Trip
The program will take place in the Michael DeGroote Centre for Learning (MDCL), Room 1016
- Map of the Campus
- Transit, Parking, and Driving Directions
- Where to Stay
- Where to Eat
- Where to Take a Refreshing Walk (Cootes Paradise Trails)
- More about Hamilton
You can use the search nearby function in the Google map below to find hotels or restaurants.